Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Top Ten Tweeting Athletes


I've written up some pretty random lists over the short lifespan of this blog.  But the randomness of this list I found on Yahoo! is so scattered that not even R.L. Stein could make this shit up.  Yahoo! ranked the top 10 athletes on twitter, based on how many followers they have.  Here is the list:
  1. Shaq (basketball)
  2. Kaka (soccer )
  3. Serena Williams (tennis)
  4. Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer)
  5. Dwight Howard (basketball)
  6. Paul Pierce (basketball)
  7. Chad Ochocinco (football)
  8. Reggie Bush (football)
  9. LeBron James (basketball)
  10. Nick Swisher (baseball, sort of)
I don't even know what to say.  I couldn't have put together a more random list of athletes if I tried, and I spend half of my day thinking of random shit ... while drinking.  Do you know how far into the depths of randomness you can get watching Nick at Night after a half pint of Smirnoff?  Pretty random.  But not this random.  Nick Fucking Swisher?  Really?  Forget following him on Twitter, I wouldn't follow him out of a burning building if I was blind.  I wouldn't follow him on to the last raft off of the Titanic.  If there were two cars leaving the Ritz Hotel, Paris in '97, and knowing exactly what would transpire, I would follow Princess Diana and not Nick Swisher.  I wouldn't follow him on to the last bus out before the Night of Long Knives ... too far?  OK, I'll go to bed.  See ya' tomorrow.

Side note:  My brother explained why bigger athletes didn't make the Top Ten ... "It's like me on facebook ... I don't have many friends, but I'm pretty fuckin' awesome."  Well said, Drinking Past The 7th Jr.

(PS.  I had Kelly Van Ryan proofread this post.  Her first comment was, "although I think it's in bad taste, the Diana thing is kind of funny."  My response:  "Oh I don't give a shit about that ... I was just worried about the Holocaust thing.")

No comments:

Post a Comment