Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Madness Bracket Advice - Overrated/Underrated





You know I love the overrated/underrated lists.  Here is my advivce when it comes to your brackets, which are due tomorrow (don't forget to sign up for the Drinking Past the 7th pool http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/116962?ng=1 ), in an overrated/underrated format:

Overrated
  • Duke ... Duke sucks
  • Number 12 seeds ... yeah, they've won a game in just about every tournament in the last hundred years, but it's not like every 12 wins.  And when they do, they usually lose next round.  Don't get caught up in that noise.
  • Big East teams ... they always flame out, they just do.  The Big East is always talked about as the best conference.  Yeah, ya know why?  They have 11 million teams.  They always flame out.  I'm not saying a Big East team can't win, I'm just saying don't get mesmerized by the Big East name.
  • Having a great player that is white ... how did Miami of Ohio do with Wally?  Or 'Cuse with Gerry?  Nothing past the first weekend.  Ipso facto, don't take BYU after the first weekend.  That's science.
Underrated
  • The Big 10 ...  the one rule I have when it comes to brackets is to take Big 10 teams as far as it makes sense to take them.  It's ALWAYS the most underrated conference.  If you are wondering about a Big 10 team, take them.
  • Temple ... I don't care who is on the team ... Eddie Jones, Pepe Sanchez ... doesn't matter ... they get shit done.
  • Senior guards.
  • Being there the year before ... no one makes the final four after a year out of the tourny (sorry UNC and UConn) ... so I guess maybe Duke doesn't suck.
So with that in mind, I give you my Final Four:  Duke, Ohio State, Kansas, and Florida.

Yeah, I know.  A lot of chalk.  Think you can do better?  Fill out a god damn bracket and prove it.  Boom

1 comment:

  1. Florida?!? You have FLORIDA in your Final Four? Are you fuckin kidding me?!? They didn't deserve a #4 seed much less the #2 seed they received!

    While I freely admit my bias that you chose them over my Panthers for the Final Four, I'm way more worried about St. Johns, Butler, UCLA & Gonzaga! Florida has been beaten this year by such powerhouses as: Miss. St., So. Carolina, UCF & Jacksonville (I didn't even know they hada team). Their solid wins came against Xavier (a team on its way down) and Kentuckey (a team that's full of inexperienced freshmen). Mark my words, you're gonna regret that pick! The only way Florida even makes it to the Elite 8 is if UCLA gets knocked out before then.

    ReplyDelete