Friday, March 4, 2011

Steroids In Sports





Got in to a steroid debate last night with some of my buddies.  Listen, I don't use steroids.  Desk jockeys don't need steroids.  But HGH?  Not gonna lie, I've thought about it.  But if I was a pro athlete?  Hell yeah I'd be taking something.  No question.  And I don't care that the pro athletes I watch are taking them.  I don't even think that it's cheating.  Not given the amount of legal avenues available that achieve basically the same thing.  People say it's unnatural.  Maybe anabolic steroids are, but how is HGH unnatural?  It's not.  I bet most of you reading this are against performance enhancing drugs in sports.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I for one don't have a problem with them.  I mean, they're not going anywhere.  Probably no body gives a shit about this post, but if you have a strong opinion on the PED issue in sports, check out this documentary.  It's airing on Showtime these days.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my opinion: After working out while listening to an ipod (Ricky's ipod btw) for the first time in over a year, I now consider music to be a PED. Seriously. As soon as "Mosh" by Eminem came on I ran to the squat rack, pumped out 5 reps of 315 (something I couldn't do for over a year), and jumped through the ceiling, literally. I mean, if music isn't a performance enhancing drug, then I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete