Friday, February 25, 2011

Overrated/Underrated


So I'm happy for the Knicks, I really am.  It's a great basketball city and they've been second class citizens in the NBA for years now.  But come on kids, Melo isn't going to swing things by himself.  I mean, at best, having him gets you to lose to the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs 4-1 rather than 4-0.  His impact is being entirely overrated.  Speaking of overrated/underrated, here's my list of overrated/underrated.  What did I miss?  Also, I just pollished off a pint of Jim Beam.  I can't tell if I'm bragging or making excuses.  Probably both.  But whatever, give me your overrated/underrated.

Overrated:
  • NBA Lottery (not the draft, but the actual ping pong ball night)
  • The X Games
  • Royal Rumble (after Shawn Michaels held on to the rope and knocked out the British Bulldog, it was all down hill)
  • World Series of Poker (soooo 2005)
  • The wave at any baseball game
  • Superman (so gay)
  • The Office (shark jumped)
  • The Boston Marathon
  • Johnny Walker (pait thinner gets the job done)
  • Bench Press (chicks don't care ... they just don't)
  • The kiss-cam at basketball games
  • Box seats
  • Tapas (I want what I want ... I don't want to pay for your fucking lettuce wraps)
  • Assists (awesome, you passed the ball/puck ... someone else got the job done)
  • Preseason college football rankings
  • BMW's (ever drive one in the snow?  If not, don't.  They're like golf carts ... except you're not drunk ... or maybe you are ... in which case, keep living the dream)
  • Golf carts (unless you're drinking)
Underrated
  • Day baseball games
  • Alonzo Mourning, Mark Price, and Latrell Sprewell (yeah, he choked out a dude ... get over it, he dominated '99)
  • Strong Man competitions (once it's on, tell me you don't just keep watching)
  • Thompson and Old Crow ($11.99 for the handle?  OK)
  • NASCAR (you literally bring your own booze, true fact)
  • Steak (it's pretty highly rated, but still underrated)
  • Marcus Camby '95 (he's from Hartford, that's enough)
  • The NIT (some good basketball, if you're in to that kind of thing in March)
  • Wrestlemania
  • Parks and Rec. (want to be in Rashida Jones)
  • Sitting in the bleachers
  • O.J. Simpson (he's a better football player because he choked out a bitch and murdered another bitch?)
  • NHL All-Star game
  • Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (tell me you didn't want to be in the Foot)
  • Going to college hockey games
  • Golf carts (if you're drinking)

No comments:

Post a Comment